Data Management Services for Mining & Exploration
Data is at the core of every aspect of exploration.
Map to Mine Pty Ltd is an exploration services company which has the resources, experience and understanding of the resource sector and government departments, as well as a strong background in exploration practices to deliver quality data sets to their clients.
The complexities of capturing data of variable and inconsistent formats can only be understood through experience. Map to Mine has the experience and knowledge required to successfully achieve the consistency and efficiency that is required to deliver a cohesive product. Map to Mine takes pride in their ability to efficiently compile data from a wide range of formats and, with competence, maintain and safeguard this asset with reliable data management and analysis.
Map to Mine provides data management services to the resource industry including ongoing data capture and management. Our qualified data compilation team includes geologists, database administrators and geological data technicians with extensive skills in a wide range of data management products and core competencies in:
- Creating and maintaining relational databases.
- Database skills in acQuire, Geobank, DataShed, SQL and Access.
- Data compilation encompassing large and complex datasets covering over 50 years of exploration data and includes; multiple companies, varying sampling methods and data quality, numerous geological regions and commodities.
- Review of open file reports and datasets
- Collate and digitise locations of drill holes and surface geochemical sampling
- Capture all data associated with drill hole, geochemical and geophysical data
- Deliver all data in a “ready to use” validated database in the clients requested format
- Recode large complex or historical datasets to create a quality consistent usable dataset in the client’s own coding system.
- Provide detailed desktop study reports of the historical data relating to the client’s specific area of interest. This includes highlighting any exploration gaps in historical data and proposed exploration programs to enhance and ground proof exploration targets.
- Competent Person Reports.
- Compilation of Code compliant (eg. JORC, NI 43-101) mineral resource reports
- GIS/3D program skills in QGIS, ArcGIS, MapInfo, Micromine, Datamine, MineSight, Leapfrog.
- Experience in numerous commodities including: gold, base metals, uranium, graphite, diamonds, iron ore, phosphate and REE, covering a variety of states and territories of Australia as well as internationally.
- Regular, professional and efficient communication with clients on project progress and data quality.
Map of Data Services Brochure (875 KB)